- The Apifil HME Filter supports high efficiency of luer gas sampling ports on all Heat and Mositure Exchange products
- The light weight HME filter has a filter efficiency of >99.99%
- The low resistance to flow device has flexible designs for different tidal volumes
- This heat and moisture exchange filter is available in Adult and Paediatric variants
- These heat and moisture exchange filters come in a standard packing of 5 units per box
- Breathing filters are used to offer outstanding validated filtration efficiency for use in anaesthesia and intensive care. These filters are designed for the protection of the patient, hospital personnel and the equipment from potential microbial contamination.
- Breathing filters and Heat and Moisture Exchangers (HME) help facilitate the normal warming, humidifying and filtering functions of the upper respiratory tract for a patient undergoing anesthesia or in intensive care. While heat and moisture exchangers regulate the inspired air by preventing the loss of moisture and heat, bacterial viral filters prevent transmission of hazardous particulate matter and microbes from the surrounding environment into the breathing system.
- The use of filters is recommended to reduce the risk of cross-infection during procedures involving anesthesia if the breathing system is used for more than one patient. HME filters also reduce the need for cleaning tubing and equipment, making them more convenient for healthcare personnel when compared to the use of active humidifiers. They are better-suited for short-term use (less than or equal to 96 hours) and during patient transfer.
- It is recommended to change the filter after each patient. The filters should be changed in every 24 hours if used on a single patient for a prolonged period.,