Collection of Information
BISI may collect various types of personal information which is required to extend the services available on the Website. Such information includes: -
- Personal and business contact information (such as name, billing and shipping address, phone number, email address, payment method, social media/messaging account ID and other business information which may include registration information of your business with statutory authorities);
- Depending on the service we are providing to you we may also need to collect more sensitive personal information (such as location, photographs, images, and biometrics) directly from you.
- Please note, we NEVER collect your credit card number or credit card expiry date or other details pertaining to your credit card on our website. Credit card information will be obtained and processed by our online payment partner
We may collect personal information from a variety of sources, including: -
- FROM YOU OR SOMEONE ACTING ON YOUR BEHALF: We may collect personal information that you or someone acting on your behalf shares with us such as your name and contact details.
- THROUGH BISI SERVICES: We may collect personal information about you when you use BISI Services, for example, when you sign up for a newsletter, make a purchase, or use our products.
- THROUGH THIRD PARTIES’ SERVICES: We may collect personal information about you when you use third party services that utilize BISI Services.
- OFFLINE: We may collect personal information you provide to us offline, such as when you visit our attend one of our trade shows or events, place a verbal order over the phone or contact customer services.
- FROM OTHER SOURCES: We may collect your personal information from other third parties, such as social media platforms, which you may consent to link with your account on our Website to avail any of the BISI Services.
BISI may also collect other information from your browser or device that does not reveal your (or anyone else's) real world identity, including: -
- Usage statistics such as IP addresses, location data, demographic data (such as language, occupation, postal code etc.), pages viewed, user behavior pattern, number of sessions and unique visitors, browsing activities, browser software operating system etc. for analysis, which helps us to provide improved user experience and value-added services to you.
- Once you register, you are no longer anonymous to us and thus all information provided by you shall be stored and possessed by us to enable us to provide you with any of the BISI Services and as may be required for statutory compliances.
- We retain user provided information for as long as the information is required for the purpose of providing services to you or where the same is required for any purpose for which the information can be lawfully processed or retained as required under any of the applicable laws.
BISI collects this information in a variety of ways, including: -
- THROUGH YOUR BROWSER OR DEVICE: Most browsers and devices collect certain information automatically, for example, type and version of operating system, screen resolution, device manufacturer and model, language, and the internet browser type and version. We use this information, for example, to make sure that BISI Services function properly, analyze the performance of our products, and improve and maintain BISI Services.
- IP ADDRESS: IP addresses are automatically transmitted as part of any internet communication, and collecting IP addresses is a common practice; many web sites, including our Website collect IP addresses automatically. We use IP addresses for purposes such as communicating with your device, calculating usage levels of BISI Services, helping diagnose server problems, security, and administering BISI Services.
- LOCATION DATA: We may collect the physical location of a connected device, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower, and WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based BISI Services, content, and advertising. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. You can choose whether to allow or deny uses and/or sharing of your device’s location by changing your device settings, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized BISI Services, content, and advertising.
User may update, correct, or confirm provided information by logging on to their accounts on the site or by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org The requested changes may take reasonable time due to verification process and server cache policies. In case you would like to receive a copy of our information held by us for porting to another service, please contact us with your request at the email address above.
Users may also choose to delete or deactivate their accounts on the site. We will evaluate such requests on a case-to-case basis and take the requisite action as per applicable law. In this regard, please note that information sought to be deleted may remain with us in archival records for the purpose of compliance of statutory enactments, or for any other lawful purpose. Therefore, users are requested to carefully evaluate what types of information they would like to provide to us at the time of registration.
- Linking to it throughout our Website;
- Referencing it in our Terms and Conditions for Use; and
- Incorporating it into our contracts, agreements, and other documents as necessary or appropriate.
Purpose and Use of Information
The following are the purposes of collecting information:
- For verification of your identity, eligibility to avail BISI Services, registration and to provide BISI Services.
- For enabling communication with the users of the site, so that the users may fetch maximum business opportunities.
- For generating business enquires and trade leads.
- For sending communications, notifications, newsletters and customized mailers etc.To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, such as newsletters, in accordance with your communication preferences.
- To personalize your experience on BISI Services by presenting products, marketing messages, offers, and content tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions which may be of interest to you and to administer these activities.
- To allow you to send messages to a friend through BISI Services. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s contact information.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payments, communicate with you regarding your purchase, provide you with related customer service, and establish and manage your BISI accounts.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, crime/fraud monitoring and prevention, security, developing new products, testing, enhancing, improving or modifying our BISI Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities. To send administrative information and service notifications to you, for example, information regarding BISI Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Perform other activities consistent with this Policy.
Please get in touch with us at the above email address in case you would like to object to any purpose of data processing. However, please note that if you object or withdraw consent to process data as above, we may discontinue providing you with BISI Services.
Disclosure of Information
Information we may collect from you may be disclosed and transferred to external service providers who we rely on to provide services to us or to you directly. For instance, information may be shared with or disclosed to: -
- Third parties such as who perform services on our behalf or event organizers or business partners.
- To our authorized service providers and suppliers who provide services to us such as web site hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services.
- To third parties to permit them to send you marketing communications, as permitted under applicable law and in accordance with your communication preferences.
- By you, on message boards, forums, chat, profile pages, blogs and any of the BISI Services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any such information you post or disclose in public forums will become public information and may be available to users and to the general public. You acknowledge that we are not liable for disclosure or dissemination of such information to any of the third parties. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal information, or any other information, online.
- As we believe is required, necessary, or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process and/or to respond to requests from competent public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; (d) to protect our operations and those of any of our affiliates; (e) to protect our rights, privacy, security, safety, and physical and intellectual property, and/or the rights of our affiliates, you, or others; and (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How we may collect, use and disclose other information
Please note that we may collect, use, and disclose other information obtained through cookies or BISI Services. In some instances, we may combine other information with personal information (such as combining your name with your postal code). If we combine any other information with personal information, we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined and is personally identifiable.
Our Website has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Whenever you change or access your information, we offer the use of a secure server. BISI Services are designed to provide reasonable and appropriate organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization against unauthorized or unlawful access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. Users of BISI Services must also do their part in protecting the data, systems, networks, and service they are utilizing. We understand no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that your password to your BISI account has been compromised), please immediately notify us by contacting our Grievance Officer.
The information that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, any of our affiliates, partners or service providers which may be inside or outside the country you reside in. By submitting your personal data, you agree to such transfers.
Any dispute under this Policy between the Website and the Users shall be referred to Arbitration to be conducted as per the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, as applicable at the time including such amendments that may be made, by a Single Arbitrator to be appointed at the sole discretion of the Website. The seat of arbitration shall be at New Delhi, India and the language of the Arbitration shall be English.